Interspersed with all the bad, there was some good too....faithful friends, family, and most of all, a faithful God.
I learned a lot about myself, about people and about life in general this year. Many of those lessons came in the midst of pain and suffering but somehow I think they will end up being most valuable.
This year I learned...
- There are some things that come in life that change things forever. You just have to learn to accept them.
- I am stronger than I thought I was because Christ is real in me.
- In the midst of incredibly painful situations, there is still a hope and assurance in Christ that defies the reality of your present circumstances and that gives you strength to persevere.
- Sometimes you have to wage war to have peace.
- Sometimes you just need to cry and know that God understands.
- Everyday YOU make a choice to trust God and have faith or walk in unbelief and despair.
- God's grace is truly enough to bring peace in every storm.
- You never walk alone when you belong to Christ. When no one else knows your pain, Christ knows, cares and acts.
- God's way is better than even the most reliable advice the world might give. Listen to His voice. It won't always make sense, but it will always work.
- Sometimes covering a matter is better than validating your pain by telling others about it. God knows your pain. He will ease it.
- God did not forgive us so he could love us. He loved us so He forgave us. Forgiveness is an act of love and cannot be accomplished without love. If it's hard to forgive, than we need more of God's love in our own hearts. Then we can truly forgive.
- Don't exalt or debase people. We are all of equal value to God.
- Skilled Doctors are a blessing.
- Always trust your gut. Don't ignore a symptom just because it's too painful to think about.
- Always tell the truth. Hiding part of the truth may provide temporary comfort but when it is fully known, the pain of it will be worse.
- Be angry, and yet do not sin.
- Healing takes time.
- "Your future is as bright as the promises of God."
- Some things are just worth fighting for, even if you think you may not win.
- Life is not fair. You can live right but bad things will still happen to you.
- Of all the things you have in life, people are the most important. Treasure them, value them, and hold them close.