A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Monday, November 24, 2014

Sick Days-Thankful Day 15

As you noticed, I fell a little behind on my thankful posts. That’s because I got sick. I am thankful for sick days.  I’m not thankful for sickness. It was invented by the devil to kill, steal, and destroy God’s creation.  It does not come from God. God does not approve of it in any way or at any time, but He has to allow it because the devil does have some authority on this earth. I’m not going to go into the fact that it is God’s desire for us to always be well or that it is God’s will to heal every sickness every time...but it is.Just as it is not God’s will that any man should perish, but they do. God does not always get His way.

When we dairy farmed and even when we owned a lawn business, if I was sick a day, it didn’t matter. I had to work.  The cows have to be milked twice a day and there was no one to cover for me. Even when I worked for the lawn company, I mowed almost an entire month with a low grade fever from a bladder infection before I realized that I needed to see a doctor. If I didn’t work, the work didn’t get done and I didn’t get paid-not a good combination.

Now that I work for a manufacturing company, in an office where at least one person besides me knows my job, if I need a day to stay home and sleep, I can without any worries that the work will not get done. Then there is this added bonus called a benefit package that allows me to not only stay home and rest, but get paid the same as if I was at work.And there’s email that cloud based which allows me to check my email and send anything that is urgent to a co-worker so that when I return, I’m not overrun with urgent matters. Many people take this for granted, but not me. I’ve never had this before and it is, to me, a luxury for which I am very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment