A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Dream

I've never been one to have what someone might classify "spiritual dreams".  In fact, most of the time my dreams are so weird that they would more often be classified as "bizarre". For instance I have two reoccurring dreams that I've had since childhood. One is about a family game of softball in our back yard where Indians emerge from the woods and attack us.  The other is about returning to high school and not being able to find my way around the building, not remembering my locker combination, not being able to find my schedule and always missing the bus.  Once every 10 years or so I have them again.  Some dreams are just so bizarre that I wake up laughing out loud.  (Yes, my husband finds it very interesting/annoying to sleep with me).  Half the time I don't remember my dreams but last night I had a dream that will be hard to forget.

My dream involves my employment in a warehouse filled with clothing waiting to be shipped to stores, weapons (of course) LOL, the demonic, and the supernatural power of God, and a line I heard on NCIS-LA that just stuck with me.  Now my husband is having a hoot over this because we don't want to spiritualize anything coming out of Hollywood and think it pretty lame when Christians find more spiritual meaning in a movie or show than they do in the Bible.  It's all in fun on on his part but secretly I have to wonder if he thinks I'm lame!  LOL!

I dreamed I was in a large warehouse where there were rows and rows of clothing racks stocked with wholesale clothing.  As I stood observing it, I noticed people walking through the rows touching each garment as if they were praying for the person that would buy the garment.  When they got a little closer to where I was standing, I realized that they were praying but not to God.  They were praying to Satan, claiming each soul that would wear a piece of the clothing.  This greatly alarmed me so I started walking behind them touching each article that they had touched, praying and claiming that soul for Christ.  When I looked up, I saw the biggest and strongest one of them running right for me in a menacing way.  As he sprang to assault me, I put up both my hands and when they touched my attacker, he shot backward landing flat on his back.  There was a look of utter shock on his face.  Again he came at me.  Again I put up my hands and repelled his attack.  Then he and all his associates began running away.  I enlisted other Christians to help find and capture all of them and we caught them all except the one that had attacked me.  He managed to get away. ( At some point I remember sneaking through the clothes trying to find my attacker while carrying a knife and then a long rifle, but that part is very fuzzy).

I am not saying that this dream was "from God", but I thought it was a very cool dream indeed.  I have no interpretation or deep spiritual revelation concerning it either.  It has caused me to think about the reality of the spiritual world in which I live.

Perhaps the warehouse was the world or the church and each of those garments represented a soul.  Within that warehouse two kinds of people were working, good and evil.  When good tried to interfere with evil, evil attacked good and attempted to kill but was overcome through resistance and a supernatural power  resident with good that was stronger than evil.

This brought to mind the scripture "submit yourself, therefore, to God.  Resist the devil and he will flee from you."  James 4:7

I started to wonder what would have happened had I not resisted?  Part of the victory over my attacker was due to resistance, on my part.  Some would call this works.  I for one do not believe that our "seal" of the Holy Ghost gives us license to walk around oblivious to what is going on around us as if we live within a force-field bubble that will automatically repel every evil thing that tries to invade.  If it did, why would God give us knowledge of "the devil's schemes"?

It's interesting to me in what context the "devil's schemes" are mentioned in scripture.  The first in relation to forgiveness.  The second in relation to prayer.  What Christian activity is most feared by Satan?  Prayer!  What is the one sure fire way to hinder your prayers?  Unforgiveness!

Mark 11:24-26
"Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them and they will be granted you.  Whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father who is in heaven will also forgive you your transgressions.  But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your transgressions."

Once the evil was captured, I was then free to go about my work.  I was reminded that I am saved for a purpose.  It's not totally about me.  There is a life after the cross that requires my participation, my dedication, my consecration and yes, my efforts.  And this life and the power that accompanies it was forged from the resurrection.  As a saved person, I am a bond slave of Christ.  What do slaves do?  They work!  I am bought with a price.  I am not my own!  And as a bond slave I work diligently and gladly.   I was "created in Christ for good works that God prepared beforehand so that I may walk in them."

What a privilege we have as believers to work for the Lord!  It's not as if He needs us to do anything but we get to?  What could be better? 





No comments:

Post a Comment