A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Friday, November 30, 2012

Thankful -Day 29 (Forgetfulness)

Oh goodness!  I forgot to post yesterday!  Having to leave for work by 10am makes my mornings extremely interesting some days because I squeeze a whole days worth of errands into the early morning when I would normally be writing.  When I turned on my computer this morning I realized that I totally forgot to post!  How could I be so forgetful?

Forgetfulness is often a characteristic not thought of as being a positive one.  It causes us to be unprepared.  For instance, I forgot to go to the office store and buy ink for the printer so when I went to print out chord sheets for the worship team last night, I couldn't because there was no ink in the printer.  (Thank goodness for google docs!  I just threw them on there and printed them out at church!)

Forgetfulness can also be a good thing!  God has chosen to separate us so far from our sin that it is like He forgets them.  (I don't believe for one moment that He forgets anything, but He chooses to no remember them or hold them against us.)

So today I am thankful for forgetfulness because when I stand before God at the the judgement knowing full well how guilty I am of sinning against a Holy God, and understanding that I deserve the worst possible punishment, the forgetfulness of God will cause Him to be unprepared to sentence me to the fate I deserve.

"While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."


No comments:

Post a Comment