A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thankful-Day 17 (The Birds and the Bees)

Aha!  You thought I was going to talk about sex didn't you?  LOL!   Sorry to disappoint you!  I am thankful for all the beautiful creation that God has made.  This time of year, I'm thankful for the beautiful leaves.

And I'm thankful that I have these to rake them up!

(They are about twice this size now, but this is the most recent photo I have of them together.  I'll fix that this week!)

I'm thankful for the beautiful sunsets we see this time of year too.  This one was so brilliant, it shone into our kitchen and for a moment we thought there was a fire in the kitchen. (Not an unfamiliar occurrence at our home! LOL!) 



And for the beautiful skies during the day.  



I'm thankful for my happy valley with it's beautiful valleys and majestic mountains that surround us and often protect us by breaking up weather fronts that would look to dump on us. 


 It reminds me of that verse in scripture "as the mountains are around Jerusalem, the Lord surrounds His people from this day forth and forevermore." Psalm 125:2


For all the beauty that I see everyday, in every season.  Things that cause me to stop and stare.

The delicate dogwood blossoms on a tree we share with our neighbors
The dinner plate daisies that remind me of my mother.

The unique faces of the pansies in my garden

This was God's fireworks display on July 4th.
The variety found in these poinsettas



This Old Man Winter's face that nature carves by the stream edge

The little embellishments of  nature.  This day the stream looked as if it had been lined with eyelet.  

The beautiful valley between two mountain ranges


There's also the birds that visit the feeder every morning-the loud and comical blue jays, the elegant cardinal couples, the quirky nuthatches, chickadees and sparrows, the soft muted beauty of the juncos; and even the sheen of the occasional crow ; 



the antics of the golden retriever who daily enriches my life and makes me feel so very loved (and sometimes used-LOL  I'm not sure who's actually in charge when it comes to her); the owl that often sits right above me when I sneak outside to the deck for a late night chat with my sister who is 3 time zones away;  the swallows that dance around me as I mow, catching all the insects that are blown into the air with the grass; the tenacious squirrel who is determined to get to my bird feeder even at the expense of his own health and safety-he falls more than he succeeds but he keeps coming back for more; and yes, I can even appreciate the beauty and disgusting distinctiveness of Mr. Stinkypants who is probably in skunk heaven by now.  (I didn't ask the trapper what happened to him.  I only know he was alive and breathing when he left our property.)

And all the beautiful fruit of the "birds and the bees":

Sisters

Extended family

Husbands  (I sure love this man!)

 And, the most wonderful thing...........Grandchildren!  (Isn't he just a little slice of heaven?)

There is so much more that I could mention, but the leaf-rakers are on duty today so I am going to fill them up with chocolate chip pancakes before I send them out the door.  


No comments:

Post a Comment