A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Saturday, June 30, 2012

Spiritual Travesty

It's been a hard week.  A very hard week.

My heart's been sad.  Very sad.

My heart's been mad.  Extremely mad.

I'm still processing what I heard, what I saw, what I experienced.  (And no, this has nothing to do with Jerry Sandusky's being found guilty of being a sexual predator.)  It has to do with things within a religious organization that I, for now but not for long, belong to.

Truly, there are seducing spirits at work on the earth and sadly, even within the church of Jesus Christ.  And when you see it, it makes you very sad... and extremely mad...all at the same time.

It has impressed upon me how much we HAVE to have the power of the Holy Spirit working and manifesting in our lives and in our churches.  Doctrine is not enough.  Religious activity is not enough.   If we don't have the power of the Holy Spirit, obviously so, in our lives, we may fall prey to the deceptions of the enemy and lose our way...without even realizing it.   It not only affects us.  It affects everyone we know and minister to.  If they follow us there, we could be leading them somewhere where truth is no longer the foundation of what we believe and that is a travesty of a spiritual nature... very saddening.  And the devil can appear to be stronger and more powerful than the blood of our Savior...very maddening!

May God's power flood and saturate my life filling up every corner, every crevice, every empty space with the knowledge of Him and the experience of His power that I might never settle for something other than this and place myself in a position to be deceived...and to deceive others.

3 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog this afternoon and my heart breaks for you in whatever it is you are going through. Life as a pastor's wife can be such a scary path to be on! May God answer your prayers and you be blessed by this trial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tyranne. That was very sweet! Thanks for reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "May God's power flood and saturate my life filling up every corner, every crevice, every empty space with the knowledge of Him and the experience of His power that I might never settle for something other than this and place myself in a position to be deceived...and to deceive others."
    Oh that this would be the daily prayer of all those in ministry ~ myself included!

    ReplyDelete