A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Saturday, May 26, 2012

How Much Did It Cost?

Several mornings a week, we travel to Sheetz ( a convenience store) to gas up the mowers for the day's work. My husband almost always buys me breakfast and a drink.  This morning I had a breakfast burrito, a slice of yummy pound cake, and a Gatorade.   As I sat in the truck eating them on the way to our first job, I realized that I hadn't thanked him for them so I said "thank you for breakfast honey!"

While pondering my lack of manners, I realized that sometimes I just take his provision for granted.  My hubby WORKS--HARD!  And almost every penny he makes he spends on giving us a house, food, cars, clothing, and many enjoyments that others around the world don't even know about!  He never complains.  He loves to do it!  He sacrifices his time, his energy, and his resources so that I can be happy and cared for.

 I've grown so accustomed to having all these things that I don't always think about what it costs him to provide them and therefore am not always grateful for them.  It's then I look at him and see the dark circles under his eyes and the lines on his face that let me know he's tired.  I also see the look of pleasure in his eyes when he knows he has made me happy...and it makes me fall in love with him all over again.

I think I do this to God from time to time.  I get so accustomed to all the things that God has blessed me with that I forget to say "thank you Lord!"   In fact, sometimes I become ungrateful or dissatisfied with what God has provided.  How often do I stop and remember what my salvation and it's ensuing blessing cost my God?  It cost Him His Son.  It cost my Savior His blood.  And yet, He loved to do it.  And as I look once again at the love of my Heavenly Father for me, and the sacrifice of the Son, when I think about all that was happily sacrificed to save my lost soul...well...it makes me fall in love with Him all over again!

Today I will ponder on these things so that I will make the Lord happy!

"Behold what manner of love the Father has given unto us...that we should be called the sons of God!"  1 John 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment