A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Tuesday, March 20, 2012

You Are the Lord's Knitting Project!

Knitting is one of my favorite leisure activities.  I just enjoy it.  I like the creativity it requires.  I like that it's a little technical-it makes me feel smart!  LOL!  I really like the fact that the individual stitch or rows of stitches are all different and seemingly unrelated to each other.  Many times a pattern is so complicated that it makes no sense as to how the individual stitches and rows fit into the finished pattern, but if I follow very closely and take it one stitch at a time, then when I'm finished I have a beautiful intricate design that has been woven into my knitting.  Sometimes I worry that I'm going to get to the end of the pattern and it isn't going to look like it should because I can't check it along  the way.  When that happens I have to rip out a lot of stitches and start over.  Sometimes I'm just tempted to give up.

Our lives are like knitting.   They are an intricate pattern designed by the Lord.  He patiently knits and purls all through the years forming a beautiful design.  He sees the beautiful pattern completely finished in his mind's eye.

Unfortunately, we don't.   We  can't see how all the stitches of our, with their twists and turns, can possibly fit together to form anything remotely beautiful.  To us, they may seem like a jumbled up mess that couldn't possibly turn out the way they are supposed to.  And sometimes we too are tempted to just give up!

The key to successful knitting and to life is to follow the directions closely.  Even when you can't possibly see how everything fits together, just take it one stitch, or one day, at time.   God has grace for us in every day and that grace is enough to help us, heal us and lead us through every twist and turn until the pattern of our lives is complete.  His Word holds the key to every stitch that God is knitting.  It is our instruction book for life.  If we adhere closely to its instruction, making it our pattern for life, the beautiful thing our lives will become will surprise and delight us.  His design is far more than we could ever imagine or create on our own.   He is, after all, the Master Designer.  And our lives are His creation-a masterpiece of the Almighty.

Are you willing to submit to His pattern?  Are you willing to let Him twist and turn, knit and purl in your daily life without needing to understand or see what He is doing?  Can you trust that even when you don't comprehend what He is doing that He is creating something beautiful, something useful, something good?

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;  in all your ways, submit to Him and He will make your paths straight."  

His Word is true.  He does not lie!  Believe Him today and rejoice that your life is in His loving and capable hands.








No comments:

Post a Comment