A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Monday, March 14, 2011

Hubby's March Valentine

To My Wonderful Man,

Well, Valentine's day passed without too much fanfare.  Just a couple bouquets of flowers and some "love cups" as you call them.  Then came my birthday and as usual, you went way out of your way to make sure that I had an absolutely delightful day!  How loved that made me feel!  You put your whole heart and soul into thinking of ways to please me and bring joy to my birthday.  That's one of the many things I love about you--your passion!

You are passionate about many things, in fact, you are passionate about almost everything you do!

1.  You are passionate about God.  That's what I like the most! 
2.  You are passionate about keeping our marriage strong and making me feel secure in it.
3.  You are passionate concerning the upbringing of your children even though you are sometimes hard pressed to figure them out and stumped in knowing how to proceed in certain situations.  I am too!  But you always seem to find the exact right answer to every problem or question.  That I believe is a result of #1.
4.  You are passionate about the ministry, what you preach and teach and do.  I love to just sit back and watch you work. 
5.  I wouldn't say that you are passionate about the other two jobs that you are forced to work, but I see such conscientiousness in how you perform them, that it almost looks like passion.

I love the zeal and zest and passion you have for life, how you embrace every situation with the knowledge that God has lead you there and God will lead you on.  Somehow you make life seem so solid, yet comfortable at the same time.  Living with you is like sleeping on the perfect mattress.  Strong enough to support yet soft enough to offer extreme comfort.  (At least I didn't compare you to an old shoe!)  LOL!

Nevertheless, I look forward to every minute I get to spend with you each day, just as I look forward to falling onto that wonderful mattress on our bed every night--minus the golden retriever.  No matter what we accomplish or don't accomplish in life, I can honestly say that I have been extremely blessed simply because I have had the opportunity and privilege of knowing and loving you. 

I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, that's so sweet...on many levels. :) And, what a refreshing post. Love it. :)

    Again, thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. I really appreciate your encouragement.

    For His glory,
    Brook :)

    ReplyDelete