A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Monday, February 14, 2011

To My Valentine-Hubby's Monthly Valentine

To the love of my life-Happy Valentine's Day! I know cards are not your "cup of tea", but I wanted to tell you how much I love you anyway.
 
I love you more than standing in a hot shower until all the hot water is gone.


I love you more than sleeping in a bed where many layers of blankets are piled on top of flannel sheets, all neat and tidy, and where fluffy pillows are all around my head.


I love you more than grilled steak, french fries, and strawberry shortcake that has been prepared while I lounged on the back deck with a good book and a glass of sweet tea.


I love you more than a navy blue 2010 Ford F150 four door pick up truck--I think.  I'll let you know for sure when I actually own one. :-)


I love you more than pistols, rifles, bird poop targets, and a carton of 9mm ammunition that says "for women only"!


I love you more than crisp autumn days that require blue jeans and a sweatshirt.


I love you more than a limitless credit card and a shopping spree at the mall.  (I'd really like to prove this to you!)


I love you more than every chick flick I've ever seen and re-seen and re-seen-all put together!  Those hunky actors just can't hold a candle to you. 


I love you more than popcorn!  And you know how much I LOVE popcorn!


I love you more than fuzzy socks, cinnamon tea, and apple dumplings.

I love you more than rare books.  You're far more valuable and easier to read-most of the time.

I love you more than NCAA basketball, March Madness, and the Duke Blue Devils. 


I love you more than a romantic Hawaiian vacation but some day when we are looking for something dull to do, let's try it.

I love you more than I could ever express in words.  There hasn't been a word invented yet that truly says how I feel about you, not even in Greek! :-)

The thing I love the most is "US"--together.  There's just NO topping it!

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment