A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Monday, October 25, 2010

Sort of Twisted

A few months ago, I added a blog counter to this blog.  Just for curiosity's sake.


I found out some very interesting facts:


People from every continent in the world read my blog.  Not a lot of people read.  But a lot of different kinds of people read.  I think that's neat!  I like diversity.  I like people.  I like making friends.  I'm a people person.

They never leave comments.  I wish they would.  I like to hear what people have to say.  So I added "reaction buttons".  They don't have to leave a comment, they can just click on a reaction button.  So they can tell me to keep my day job without revealing their identity. 


When they read my blog, they read an average of 12 pages before moving on to the next site.  That tells me that they enjoy what they are reading. That it is speaking to them in some way.  Hopefully, it ministers to them as well.  Or it could mean that they are just nosey.  Come on, you nose boxes know who you are.  Whatever the case, if it's not encouraging to me as a writer, then it's humorous to think that anyone would spend that much time reading things written by the biggest nobody on the planet whose thoughts don't even make sense to me half the time. 


But the most interesting (and distubing) fact I found was that one search tag used to  bring people to my blog was Pastor's wives and nudity--in the same search!  Strange!  I wrote a post concerning nudity that had to do with my sons and the school district which is why these search words in the same box would pull up my blog. 

 Now it is just a little disconcerting to know that anyone would type Pastor's wives and nudity into the same Goggle search box.  I've not done it, nor will I --EVER!  But it is also very comical to imagine that what they think they are going to get and what they see on my blog couldn't be more different.  Instead of getting nude Pastor's wives, (I won't dwell on that thought long), they get the site of a Holy Ghost filled Pentecostal and hopefully see the Gospel message during the average 12 posts that they read while they are here. 

I am a firm believer that God can use anything to save a soul.  Once, God used a school girl crush to bring salvation that affected a large portion of a local high school.  So I guess He could get the salvation message to someone with no-so-pure intentions by bringing them mistakenly to my blog.  I'd like to think so anyway.

But you have to admit, it's a bit twisted and creepy. 

6 comments:

  1. I am one of your readers that never comments- and what you say does make plenty of sense and I enjoy reading your blog. I read it through my Google reader, and am pretty much too lazy to click through to comment. For that, I am sorry.

    But keep writing, because as long as you are writing, I am reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Coranne! You made my day! I too, read some blogs on Google reader and you're right, sometimes I'm too lazy to leave a comment as well. I guess I reap what I sow! LOL! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog quite regularly, and I am one of your "Other continent" readers. (Africa)

    I occasionally leave a comment, just to let you know that someone is reading it, and enjoying. So even if you don't see us, we are here.

    <-SB><

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Sharkbait, you have been quite faithful. Thanks! Your comments almost always make me smile. I read your blog too as much as I can on Google. When I try to access your blog outside of Google, my virus software blocks it. It does that with a lot of foreign sites. Don't know why, but I do enjoy what I can read of your blog. You must be my Africa reader that is so far south, you almost drop of the face of the earth! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still reading too now that I know you are still writing :-D Emi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Emi! You're the best friend I have that I've never met! LOL! Someday!!!!

    ReplyDelete