A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Saturday, September 4, 2010

What Next?

Now that my obligation to the True Women Movement is done, I had to ask myself, what next?

Some bloggers take a lot of time to write their posts and re-write their posts and spell check and grammar check. Not me. I just sling it on there as it comes to my mind. I'm wondering if that's really the best way to do it. I always have been the sort that "is just what I is", no fluff, no fuss, no primping. Perhaps though, it would be better to re-think what I write before I sling it out there because sometimes my mouth can engage before my brain, but after it's "out there ", I can't get it back. There is a certain honesty about that way of writing though and I love honesty and transperancy. And people soon come to realize that I am not perfect, in fact, far from it! And I'm not always right-I'd hate to see the actual percentages. However, I am always "me". And that feels good, which is one reason I write. To leave a little piece of "me" for my kids. To leave them memories. To leave them insights into what made their crazy mom tick. To leave them explanations of why I handled them the way I did. And to leave them some giggles. We've shared plenty of those along the way.

Of course, my blog does not have a lot of readers anyway, so it mostly functions as an electronic journal because I can type way faster than I can write by hand. Sometimes, my hands even have to stop and wait for my brain to catch up.

But that's a whole other subject.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I only type because it is sooooo hard to hold a pen in these fins. :-)

    ReplyDelete