A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Friday, September 10, 2010

Changes Coming for Atypical Pastor's Wife

After some consideration and prayer concerning a lot of things, I have decided that I am taking a break from the blog. For a little while, I'll leave it up, but at some point in the future, I may take it down altogether. So if you want something off of it, you may want to get it now. If I take it down, I don't know how long it will be down or in what form it may return, or if it will ever return. If you want to know, you'll just have to check from time to time. So I wanted to thank the few of you who have been readers, especially those that have commented. Writing is, after all, more than a form of therapy for me. It is, in it's very essence, a form of communication. Communication only takes place when at least two parties are involved-preferably two parties that don't reside in the same head.

I must say, it's been incredibly fun for me-this blogging thing. I have also enjoyed some of the comments you have made. Thank you for encouraging me to keep writing. Hey, we all need motivation from time to time. Even when I didn't particularly have something to say that was noteworthy, you read anyway. I don't know if it's because you were interested or nosey, (I'm sure it was a combination of both) but it all works together I guess.

I have to say also that I do feel a little conflicted about not having the blog as an outlet. At least for a few hours, it felt as if someone might actually be listening. I don't get that feeling from Word, but for the next while, Word will be it for me.

I pray that some things I have written, especially concerning spiritual things, touched your heart in a positive way. I hope that the days I was trying to be funny, you giggled. Laughter is so important in life and health. For those of you who had grown disillusioned with God, or family, or church, or husbands, I pray that the little glimpses into the life God has blessed me with were an encouragement to you. You see, I am nothing special in any way. The good things that God has done in my life, He so wants to do in yours as well and even more! I pray that a little of my experience has blessed, encouraged and challenged you to really get to know Him on a personal level because it is there that the wonder and the beauty begins. He is unlike any relationship that you could possibly find on earth!

Above all, I pray that God was glorified, even in the silliness. God has to have a sense of humor. Just look at your neighbors! I'm kidding! And even though most of what was funny on this blog was a result of my own stupidity, distractions, and bouts of brain deadness, I'm glad if you were amused. At least something good came about as a result of it besides my own humiliation.

The future for me is bright! I am a Prov. 31 woman, after all! :-)

For the last several months, I have felt the tugging of the Holy Spirit in my life in so many different ways and the mystery of it all is too much for me to resist. God is up to something in my life, and I simply must pack my backpack and go discover what it is.

As the Reverend Mother so beautifully sang for the 1,947, 631st time (I have no idea how many times that movie has aired, but it has to be at least that many times), "climb every mountain, forge every stream, follow every rainbow, til you find your dream." ( Do you think she ever gets tired of singing that song?) I feel that the Holy Spirit is birthing a dream in my heart and I'm heading out to find what it is. And that takes time. And prayer. And focus. It may not be anything earth shattering, but it will be life shattering for me. Because it's God. Because He's good!

And I MUST do this. Because I'm older. Because I want the rest of my life to be a stimulus package in God's economy. (Please don't tell my husband I said a dirty word.) Because I don't want to grow stagnant in the fall of my life. Because I want to leave something of substance, something that remains on this earth when I leave. I have no idea what that might be, but God knows and He wants my dreams to come true, because He is the one who put them there.

I realize that I may die and not know that God's dream in me has come true. Abraham and those of the Hall of Faith died that way as well. There were some promises they didn't inherit--yet. And they're famous as a result of it! But that doesn't matter. I've learned that with God, sometimes what we think is preparation for something more is actually His main event for us right now. The most important thing is that I be found, dead or alive, in the path that HE has laid before me.

So may God bless all of you with dreams....and backpacks.....and hiking boots. And may all our dream travels culminate in "a meeting in the air, in that sweet by and by."

God bless you all!
A Typical Pastor's Wife OR Atypical Pastor's Wife, whichever one you've come to believe fits.

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to tell you, thank you for everything you have written- I have been following your blog for a year (sadly not commenting, but reading). Thank you for the blessing you have been to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Coranne! Praise God that you have been blessed. I hope to return in a few months more focused, with more direction, and hopefully a better writer! I just want to spend more time studying. The Lord doesn't want me studying to have something to write about Him. He wants me to study to know Him better so that when HE has something to say, He can use me to say it. I think for blogger's and writers of books, music or anything Christian, those lines can become blurred and I want to make sure that my heart is perfectly in line with His will. I would appreciate your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I am the keeper of the League of Pastors' Wives Blog and Blogroll. I do not have your e-mail address but need to send you some instructions about the blogroll. If you are continuing with your blog (which I hope you do!), and/or would like to keep it listed in the blogroll, please contact me at leagueofpastorswives at gmail.com. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete