A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Friday, March 19, 2010

I Love Ice!

I love ice! I love the kind that you chew, even though it knocks the enamel off your teeth. Calypso likes it too! I love the kind you skate on, except when you end up falling on it. I don't like the kind you slide on in the car which can send you and your 4 kids to the trauma center, but hey, how often is that going to happen?


What I really love about ice the the way is melts and freezes and takes on interesting shapes! At times if forms all along the edge of the creek and it looks as if God has put an icy eyelet edging all along the water as if embellishment of this beautiful spot could add any more beauty to it.














This formation reminds me of Old Man Winter blowing an icy wind across the water. Quite scary!

These lovey droplets were everywhere along the creek.


They almost look like icy chandeliers hanging over the water.





Okay, I admit it. I should probably find something better to do in the winter than to risk dropping my camera in the water to get a few icy photos. But every winter I am drawn to this beautiful spot and I am never disappointed by what I find.


















1 comment:

  1. I've done the same thing. I don't know if I was more concerned about myself falling on the ice, or breaking the camera. Then once I leaned over to pick something up and landed the camera around my neck into the snow. I was so glad it dried out ok. Did you catch my ice pictures from late December? We lost so many tree limbs and my husband is still trying to clean that up as he has time.

    I love those by the stream. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete