A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Sunday, July 19, 2009

What to Write First???

I just had the most incredible week!

--I spent 4 days in a van with 10 of the most incredible teenagers, a youth pastor and a fellow driver.

--I spent 5 days in Dallas, TX, experiencing the hottest days they've had there since 1967 weaving and dodging amongst 1200 kids that ranged in between the ages of 12 and 18.

-- I ate food, well let's just say, it was a lesson in being thankful. I spent almost every meal saying "well, it's better than what I would get in a Chinese prison!" Today, I really got some perspective into how blessed I am and how little I notice it when I got such joy over deciding for myself what was for lunch!

--I saw a friend whom I have not seen in 15 years! It was if we had never been apart. I saw that spiritual fruit had remained and increased in his spiritual life and I was glad, so glad! And I met a new friend, his wife, whom it seemed I had known just as long!

--I saw God do some really, really deep down work in the hearts of our youth. It was not the usual youth conference that very often produces short lived change made from hyped up altar calls and man manufactured excitement in the name of the Holy Spirit. I saw God taking His Word and planting it deep, deep in the hearts of our youth group. And I'm excited about what the fruit of that is going to look like!

--I stood in a crowd of over 1200 people earnestly seeking and crying out to God and it was awesome!

--I can't remember a week when I have laughed so much in 6 days.

--I realized that I have the privilege of knowing some of the most sincere teens in this country. They have let God make them and are hungry for more. Even though they were packed in the van, sleeping on each other, spilling on each other, and falling over each other, I didn't hear one disagreement, one "STOP IT"-unless in the case of tickling, or one complaint. In fact, in 66 hours of driving, there was only one bathroom stop request. Now THAT'S a miracle.

--I saw what the love of a dedicated youth Pastor and the Word of God can do in the lives of our youth and I realize that the future is very bright for this generation! We MUST be about our Father's business!

--I really came to appreciate all that God has given and done in my life and the lives of those I love, and I am humbled and very, very, thankful. All praise be to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment