A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Fun!

July 4th was truly a freedom celebration day for me--freedom from the lawn mower, the piles of grass flying through the air, getting stuck in my hair and going down my shirt, the layer of dust that covers me by the end of each day, and the noise of machinery that sometimes dulls my hearing, even with ear protection.

It was off to

















The home of the Penn State Nittany Lions with the Nittany Lion mascot that is recognized nationally and is a tried and true tradition in the world of college athletics, AND the home of:




Ike the Spike...




who is either really camera shy, or who thinks that his backside is the better side of his body because he is always turning around shaking it at people---Strange! I really began to wonder about him after awhile and was glad that my boys are past the age where they would want to go get his autograph! I was almost ready to go the main office and ask if they did an FBI clearance before hiring him! Yes, in my mind, he gave new meaning to the words:


Nevertheless, you can't deny the fact that even if you are not interested in baseball, the view from our stadium is beyond comparison!
And there is something fun to watch between every inning:

Where else in America could you watch people catch water balloons, (or not), in buckets attached to their heads?




Of watch human bowling balls knock down gigantic pins.....








Or watch mutant eye balls have a foot race?





Or watch a Nookie Monster dance a jig every time the team does something commendable!

Many even dressed for the occasion!


These guys were stretching it a bit, but I guess that's good because they were the leaders of God Bless America and Take Me Out To The Ball Game during the 7th inning stretch!





There was lots of baseball action too!

But the best part about July 4th is, of course, family, friends, and fireworks. But that will have to be part of the next blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment