A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Sunday, January 25, 2009

Welcome to the PA Farm Show!

A few weeks ago, I had the privilege to attend the PA Farm Show in Harrisburg, PA. It is in many ways like a State Fair, except for the fact that it is entirely indoors. Within the buildings of the Farmshow complex are 24 acres of exhibits, demonstrations, activities, competitions, animals, and people. I don't think I could fit all the photos I took in one blog, so for a day or two, I will highlight the wonderful things I saw and experienced with each of you. Today, I'll focus on the exhibits. Everything at the farm show highlights PA agriculture and draws everyone from city to farm.

These pretty poinsettias were literally everywhere. There must have been a couple of thousand all throughout the complex.


For those who like to to cook, there were many different kinds of cooking show, competitions and demonstrations and lots and lots of free recipes!!!


For the more craft minded, there were wonderful displays. I especially appreciated this crocheted American Flag. Someone has way too much time on their hands, but I'm glad they do!

Look at the detail!!!!
Would anyone like to join me for a cup of tea? This tea set is so sweet, we can even eat it after we're done! It's cake!

And this girl was just too sweet to pass up! She's a cake too!

This is what we do with our surplus butter, all 900 lbs of it!!! Butter sculpture! Pretty impressive!
Some people brag about doing things "BIG" in Texas, but I doubt any Texan has beat this yet!

For those of the younger generation, an sand box alternative! We used to do this in the bottom of the corn crib. Kids nowadays have things so much better!


These are just a few of the wonderful things I experienced. In the following days, I'll share the animals, and of course, the many, many different kinds of people that were there too. I had such a wonderful time, I just wanted to






1 comment: