A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Unendlessly Tired and Tirelessly Unending

Here's the answer to the riddle "What is unendlessly tired and tirelessly unending?

A MOTHER!

There used to be a stupid song, "I'm a Woman" that went, "I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in the pan, and never, never let you forget you're a man, cause I'm a woooooman!"

Oh, if only that were true! After shoveling 10 driveways, the only thing I want to bring home is McDonalds and I don't want to have to fry up anything. Exhausted and sore muscles leave little time nor inclination for romance. His arms hurt too much to lift them to put them around me. The only thing on me that doesn't hurt to much to be touched is my hair.

Then there's the hectic life that we lead--bus driving, ministry, landscaping, piano lessons, taxi driver for 3 teens who have parties to attend, school projects to complete, places to go, laundry that I never seen to catch up on, dirt and dust, dirt and dust, dirt and dust. This seems to be exasperated at the holidays.

I can't remember ever being this tired, unendlessly tired. But as we Moms all know, the show must go on, and we want it to go on. So even though we are unendlessly tired sometimes, our love, devotion, and service to our families is tirelessly unending.

Did I stump you all?


1 comment:

  1. I remember that song! Sometimes MCDs truly is the answer to a days' work. It's comfort food in its own weird way. Hang tough mama!

    Emi

    ReplyDelete