A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Thursday, November 6, 2008

All Is Not Lost

For some, the results of this year's presidential election represent what may be the end of life as we know it. If you are a Christian and you are fearful, upset, or just plain mad, remember the following:

"Come Wednesday morning,
1. God will still be on the Throne.
2. Prayer will still work.
3. The Bible will still have all the answers.
4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
5. There will still be God-anointed men and women proclaiming the Truth.
6.There will still be singing of praise to God.
7. God will still pour out His Spirit upon His people.
8. There will still be room at the Cross.
9. Jesus will still love you.
10. Jesus will continue to save the lost when they come to Him."
Written by J.P. Miller

So what do we do now? We pray! We pray immediately, consistently, continually, passionately like our very existence depends upon it, because hey, it does! We stop our spiritual spasm praying and pray even when there is no natural disaster, no war that is killing our youth, no liberal candidate that is bewitching our nation, no legislation that is threatening our religious freedom. We pray when there is seemingly no immediate need. We pray ahead of the crisis!

I am one who is guilty of getting so caught up in my own Jerusalem, that I feel little if any burden for my country, the leaders, the plan of God for this nation. I pray, as scripture commands, when authority figures and those in office roll around on my prayer list, but more out of obedience than with a burden. Why am I this way?

Because my heart is self centered.
Because America has always been great and always will be, or so I tell myself.
Because things just have a way of always working out.
Because nothing that concerns me is really threatened, except maybe my standard of living.
Because I take the freedoms that this country and my God afford me for granted.
Because I get into the mind set that just my prayers will not avail much on the grand scheme, which frankly, is a big fat lie from hell!
Because maybe my heart is father from being my Father God's heart than I realize.

And now, here we find ourselves in a crisis that could have been avoided if Spirit led prayer for my country and this world had been more consistent, more persistent, and more ferverent.

Instead of getting caught up in the rhetoric, in the media coverage, in the debates, I must now get caught up in the Spirit to discern and find God's answer to this impending disaster, for the sake of my country, for the sake of the gospel, for the sake of my children and grandchildren! I stand rebuked!

So I will pray. There are things at stake that have never been at stake before. There are fights to be fought that have never been this fierce before. There are victories to be won that have never been so vital before. There are souls to be saved, oh, there are souls to be saved!!!

As I look at the world, I see the arrogant pride, I see the self sufficiency of our nation's leaders, I see the scales that cover their eyes, so thick that it seems almost impossible that even God Himself could pull them off. But then I am reminded of what R.A. Torrey has written concerning prayer and I am once again inspired, compelled, and dedicated to prayer.

"Prayer often avails where everything else fails. By prayer the bitterest enemies of the Gospel have become it's most valiant defenders, the greatest scoundrels, the truest sons of God, and the vilest women, the purest saints. Oh, the power of prayer to reach down, down, down, where hope itself seems vain, and lift men and women up, up, up into fellowship with and likeness to God. It is simply wonderful! How little we appreciate this marvelous weapon!"

And so, now I pray.

1 comment:

  1. Amen...All is not lost...I was gloomy yesterday morning but have shaken myself out of it and will continue to shake myself out of it, bop myself on the head to wake up, through prayer!!

    Emi

    ReplyDelete