A friend of mine sent me this list of questions used over 200 years ago by the members of John Wesley's Holy Club as part of their regular meetings. What a list to reflect on! How do you think a small discipleship group would grow if you just based your meetings on openly answering:
1. Am I creating the impression that I am better than I am?
2. Am I honest in all my acts and words?
3. Do I break confidence -- tell others' secrets?
4. Am I a slave to dress, friends, work, habits?
5. Can I be trusted?
6. Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
7. Did God's Word live in me today?
8. Am I enjoying my prayer time?
9. When was the last time I shared my faith?
10. Do I pray about the money I spend?
11. Do I go to bed on time and get up on time?
12. Do I disobey God in anything?
13. Do I have an uneasy conscience?
14. Am I defeated in any part of my life?
15. Am I jealous, impure, critical, touchy, irritible, or distrustful?
16. Am I proud?
17. How do I spend my spare time?
18. Do I thank God that I am not like others?
19. Is there anyone I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, disregard or resent?
20. Do I grumble and complain?
21. Is Christ real to me?