A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Thursday, October 9, 2008

Blessed Beyond Measure!

Tonight we had the distinct privilege of having guests for dinner. Not only did they eat dinner, but they cooked it and cleaned up too! And to put the icing on the cake, they came early and cleaned my house for me! Something about Pastor's appreciation month was mentioned. As much as I appreciate all they did, the thing I enjoyed the most was sitting around the table and the living room after dinner taking heart snapshots of them laughing and enjoying themselves. We watched an absolutely hilarious DVD that I have personally seen at least 20 times and it still makes me laugh hysterically!

We have the greatest group of college kids. They genuinely love the Lord. They are just "normal" and transparent, and I love that about them! They don't try to act like something they aren't because they're around the pastor. They just "are". They just "hang" at our house from time to time and I feel privileged and blessed to welcome them into our home! And even though they "hang", they laugh, and they tease (yes, Jamel, I saw you tickling Katie's ear), they do it all with the obvious respect and honor they have for us as their spiritual leadership. I truly hope they realize how special they are, both to the Lord and to us.

And if any of them are reading this blog, please note:
Some of you have voiced that you want to be like the Chi Alpha group. But I say, just be yourselves! You are a unique, wonderful group! It's a different time and a different day. As far as what made the Chi Alpha group special, well, I see those things in a lot of you. You're closer than you think in the things that really matter!
We love having you in our home. Please don't be a stranger! Our door and our hearts are always open to you! Thanks again for being such a practical and genuine blessing to us! We are proud to claim you as part of our local body.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a blessing indeed. And Yes, Happy Appreciation Month to you and PD. Thank you for posting your blog and all your comments in all posts everywhere! Thank you for your saltiness!

    Love
    Emi

    ReplyDelete