A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Monday, October 27, 2008

7 Days of Pastor Appreciation for my Pastor's Wives Friends-Day 5

Our children's pastor and his wife, took a church with an older congregation. He and his wife were both tremendously fun and funny people. So when they ask my husband to come and preach, we were glad to go.
My husband was preached about when the Philistines stole the Ark of the Covenant and how God smote them with some disease. Now, being the scholar that he is, he had researched this and determined that God smote them with hemorrhoids (I have no idea how to spell that). Then he proceeded to say, "Now I don't know what hemorrhoids feel like, but I know that when my wife had a baby, she had them real, real bad!" I immediately slid under my seat and the Pastor and his wife exploded in laughter and fell over in the pew on top of each other, laughing hysterically! After the service, one dear little old lady, who must have been 90 came up to me and shook my hand and said "Deary, that was the most wonderful sermon I have ever heard." I responded "Mam, I'm so glad you enjoyed it, because it's the last one he will ever preach!" My husband lives by the creed, "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to get permission", but he has stopped using me as sermon illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment