A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Monday, September 1, 2008

Would You Pray With Me?

I guess the first part of Smilin' at the Future didn't sound so happy. Some days the happy future is beyond the natural to a new day and time! But as always, God does not leave us here to suffer for long. He always comes through with encouragement, help and strength. And He did that for me!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had heard a special education expert speak and had bought some of her materials. Since school is starting tomorrow, I will be incorporating some exercises and brain integration therapy into my daughter's curriculum. As I conducted the diagnostic tests with my daughter I have found some specific areas that need addressed.

If you read this blog, and you are a born again believer, I would ask that you pray with me about these specific areas as we do the daily exercises and re-patterning throughout the school year.

Pray for the following:
-for lateral (left to right), front to back and top to bottom communication between the lobes of her brain.
-for hand dominance to be established and strengthened
-for auditory processes to improve
-for strengthening and healing in the left brain
-for strengthening in the right brain especially the photographic memory
-and for ME, who will be doing these exercises on a daily basis. They are time consuming and very specific. I need to do them exactly right in order for them to be effective.
-and for me again. That God would help me to create right brain teaching aids that will help her to learn and retain information.

I realize now that many of the things the Lord had been laying on my heart to do with her are things, that unbeknownst to me, will strengthen the function of her brain--case in point, stretching. She is not limber AT ALL! Little did I realize that this causes communication between specific lobes of the brain to break down.

When she came home from the hospital and started school, I felt the Lord tell me that there would be a significant change in 3rd grade. Well, when she reached third grade, I didn't notice anything. So I figured that I had just not heard correctly.

Then this year, God brought me to homeschooling, thus the homeschooling fair and this learning expert who was the first professional to give me positive feedback and renewed hope in my quest to do everything I possibly can to help my daughter recover her life.

The other day, as I sat looking over her curriculum, I realized that her curriculum is 2nd-4th grade. Could it be that this is what the Lord was talking about? I don't know, but I am expecting great things from Him this year. I don't think that the spiritual battles, the emotional battles, the renewed hop in His promises are coincidence. Could it be that the devil smells impending defeat?

If you read this and you will pray with and for us, please leave a comment at the bottom of this blog. It always helps to know when people are lifting you up in prayer. Thanks!!

3 comments:

  1. I will pray for you!

    Fear thou not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed, for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.Isaiah 41:10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the specifics.. I'll be praying!! :)

    ReplyDelete