A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Saturday, August 30, 2008

Smilin' at the Future!

It's been a hard day, sort of.

My daughter is once again struggling with thoughts that seem to assail her from every side, 24/7. Just today I've rescued her from hell at least twice, have gone over how to deal with thoughts at least 5 times, prayed, and even cried with her once! It's very tiresome!

The doctors say that things like this are usually brain injury related, but I don't care! Both the tormenting thoughts and the injury come from the same source--the devil! And I'm fed up with him messing with my child! He really seems to have his sights set on her.

She is a child of promise. The Lord promised her to me from day one! I didn't have enough progesterone to carry her. God miraculously provided it. At one point, I was told that I had lost her, but upon insisting that I hadn't, proved to the doctor that I was still pregnant. She almost died during delivery, but God spared her. She had a brain injury and was for all intents and purposes dead, so much so the doctors in the emergency room told us they were giving up. My husband didn't allow them to, which is the only reason that she is here today. And now this!

Every word, every thought, every motive, every deed is taken and twisted into something that causes her to worry that her heart is not right, that she has pride, that her motives are askew, that her thoughts are impure, that her actions are not right. She worries, she cries, she frets--it's torture--for her and for us! It's heartbreaking to see your child constantly having her joy stolen from her by nagging, lying, irritating thoughts! We've done everything we can think of to help her, but to no avail.

Lord Jesus, please reach my child with the knowledge of yourself. Holy Spirit, reveal Yourself to her. Reach through the fog and bring healing and deliverance to her heart, soul and mind! Let her know the joy of being secure in you. Let her understand that works are dead unless they are first born in You! Have mercy on her Lord, you see her where she is. You see how the enemy has attacked her. Raise your sword Lord and smite the enemy! You are our victory! Bring victory to her life! Be to my child that mighty warrior that delivers and sets the captives free. We are weak. We are at a loss in knowing what to do, but we are not are not defeated! "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair, persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." Let your life be revealed in her mortal flesh, for You are life! We're leaning on your resources, that constant, inexhaustible supply! Let Your will be done in her heart, in her mind, and in her life! She is Yours, Lord!

I rest on the Word that you gave me that "my children would be as formerly". You do not lie Lord, and I look to the future and smile because our future is full of YOU! Thank you that I can run to the throne of grace in the time of need! You have never disappointed! Now unto the King eternal, Immortal, Invisible, the only Wise God, be honor and glory forever and forever. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Lord yes...in Your mighty name.

    -Em

    ReplyDelete