A Typical or Atypical Pastor's Wife-whichever one you come to believe



Welcome to the barnyard. Watch your step! The things written here are raw and unedited. Just my thoughts thrown on a page as they flow from my heart.



Monday, June 9, 2008

Why Worry?

Worrying is sooooo easy to do, especially in the world we live in! Between the 24 hour news networks, the articles that pop up on your home page concerning an in depth article on every danger known to man, and our own "stinkin thinkin" born from years of dysfunction, it's hard work not to worry! Thus said, I do believe worry was, is and always will be sin!

Worry disobeys the Word in that it does not "take every thought captive unto the obedience of Christ".

Worry says that the Lord is not really "my shepherd, I have lack of nothing".

Worry says that while he may be our shepherd, he really isn't leading us in the paths of righteousness, beside still waters, he really isn't restoring our souls.

Worry says that God really isn't who and what He says He will be to those who believe and trust in Him. He really doesn't have every hair on my head numbered.

Worry says that our lives in Him really are not "righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost!"

Worry says that He is not big enough, strong enough, wise enough, or present enough to meet our every need exactly when we need it! He is not foreknowing enough to know what card life will deal us next and therefore cannot be Jehovah Jireh, and leave provision there so when we get there, we will have all that we need to face it!

Worry is really doubt and unbelief disguised as common sense, compassion, and reality! Our reality is not in what we see, hear, touch, taste and smell. Reality is in heaven and has been "forever settled".

Worry keeps the will of God in heaven from becoming our reality on earth! It's a blocker of the blessing, protection, and power of God in our lives. It says, I know I say I trust you with my mouth, but I really don't trust you with my life, because if I did, I wouldn't be worried!

After living through some pretty devastating things, I can also say that it is a waste of time worrying about something that hasn't even happened! Doesn't the Bible tell us to "not be anxious for tomorrow for tomorrow holds it's own set of problems?" (I paraphrased) But to "seek first the kingdom of God and ALL these things will be added unto you"? Isn't true faith just believing God for your now and your future and "resting" in His sovereign power to "accomplish what concerns you"? Isn't it just throwing your everything in his lap and saying "here, God, take it. Your plans for it are higher and better than my own? I'll just let you drive and I'll enjoy the scenery!

"We are not guaranteed tomorrow, so why spend today worrying about it! When I feel the need to worry, I go directly to my Bible and start reading the Lord's report about my life and my relationship to Him. If you truly believe in the Word of God, it will comfort you and really convince you that worry is completely contrary to everything Jesus died to give you! We cannot base our theology on our own experiences or the experiences of others. We must buffet our bodies and minds into making our theology line up with what the Word of God says. That means He stays the same and WE change! There is nothing more peace giving than making our thoughts line up with His Word!

Worry is fear! Fear is of and from the devil! "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind!""

No comments:

Post a Comment